On Tuesday, August 12th 2014 The Ottawa Hospital went “live” and joined the growing list of customers who are installing Check-In and/or Wayfinding kiosks provided by the Access Management software company, PatientWay. There are many benefits seen by patients, staff and hospital administration when implementing both check-in and wayfinding kiosks…lets take a closer look at Wayfinding kiosks specifically.
It’s a fact, patients and visitors can easily get lost and frustrated in a big campus or unfamiliar hospital environment.
- Why can’t we easily show visitors how to navigate multiple buildings?
- Why do hospital marketing departments spend too much of their precious budget on replacing ever changing signage?
- Why are hospital staff members hanging hand written notes over outdated signs which originally cost thousands of dollars to produce and install?
- Why do we assume all patients and visitors are comfortable navigating in English?
Key Features of Wayfinding and Information kiosks:
- Find your destination: Patient Rooms, Offices, Conference Rooms, Departments, Security, Pharmacy, Billing and more…
- Find a person: Doctors, Administrators, Executive Assistants, Pharmacists, and more…
- Locate Dining and other services
- Multi-step printing
- Feedback service
- Multiple language capability
- ADA Accessibility/compliant
- Emergency messaging
- Completely customizable to your hospital’s needs and requirements
- And much, much more…
Why are more customers choosing PatientWay Wayfinding & Information kiosks?
The PatientWay Wayfinding module, part of the PatientWay Suite, is a patient-friendly system to obtain directions to their clinic. Hospitals constantly change so we’ve designed Wayfinding so that it is easy to update the maps, routes and destinations. PatientWay Wayfinding also provides staff and patient directories as well as helpful resources around the hospital. PatientWay’s Wayfinding Kiosks provide your patients and visitors a friendly and modern self-service resource for finding clinics, services, and staff at your hospital. Kiosks make everybody feel welcome at your hospital by working natively in up to 65 languages.
Phase II initiatives begin this month!
Oakland County Michigan Health Division begins Phase II
Earlier this year PatientWay saved the day for the Oakland County clinics when the initial software company was unable to handle the requests of the site. By implementing PatientWay’s Registration & Check-In solution not only was the problem solved, the response from patients (and site administrators) has been so overwhelming four more kiosks were just ordered!
Also beginning Phase II is well established customer, Rouge Valley Health System.
The success we achieved at Rouge Valley’s Centenary Site in Scarborough, Ontario made us the first automation company to implement kiosks that get the metrics to prove we are saving the hospital administration time and money. This happy customer has now expanded to the their second site, RVHS Ajax and Pickering, in anticipation of further savings!
Schedule a Demo: http://www.patientway.com/contact
Barbara Ficarra from Heath in 30 has just published a fantastic post on how social media is now being used by everyone from patients to hospitals.
And why not!
It’s no secret that most patients are now on the web asking questions to Dr. Google, and the business case for engaging patients online (for things like prescription renewals and chronic disease management) is becoming clearer. After all, patients are the most under-utilized resource in healthcare. Using social media can help turn patients into active partners.